Sunday, August 8, 2010

Dodgers, are you finally getting me through this heartbreak?

Today the Dodgers performed incredibly well. The best I've seen from them this season, in fact. This is the way Champions should play. If only we had started off playing like this at the beginning then we might not have been in this position. I am just hoping that this was an improvement in offense, and not just taking advantage of bad pitching. Either way, Dodgers beat the Nationals 8-3 today, and that just makes me a little bit happier.


We let go of veteran Garret Anderson.

The only thing I wonder is why we waited this long.

"Garret Anderson had the second-lowest batting average of any player with 100 at-bats or more this season, .181, and the Dodgers on Sunday decided it was time to part ways. The 38-year-old pinch-hitter and outfielder was designated for assignment, perhaps the end of a 17-year Major League career. Anderson hit two home runs and had 12 RBIs in 155 at-bats and 80 games..." (Official Site of the Los Angeles Dodgers)

Anderson had a good career. Just not with the Dodgers, and it was about time to go separate ways.


With that said, the Dodgers were able to buy the contract of Jay Gibbons and brought him up from Triple-A Albuquerque. He had his first major league at bat today since 2007 as a pinch hitter, and smacked an RBI single up the middle. I have high hopes for Gibbons.


Reed Johnson came in as a pinch hitter as well and amazingly hit a two-run single up the middle.

Jamey Carroll, in at SS for Rafael Furcal who is on day-to-day with back strain, went 3 for 3 today. Man, was he on fire or what? Carroll is such an incredible utility player. No matter what position he plays, he always seems to do well. I guess that's why he's a utility player.


And THIS GUY. A.J. Ellis! Where did that double come from?! So glad he hit that today. More than you know, really. I want so much for him to do well because with Ausmus apparently taking over as our dominant catcher, then we'll definitely need a backup for the old man.

In other news:


What was Ethier doing today? Well, I can tell you what he wasn't doing. Extending his hitting streak. This makes me pretty upset for him but, you know, no one is perfect. It just would have been nice to see the player whose jersey I constantly sport do well in such a great game. Oh well.


Matt Kemp. The "King of Swing" struck out in all four of his at bats. Yeah, "King of Swing" alright. Swing and miss, that is. He makes me sigh in frustration every day of my life. But the Dodgers are demanding the fans be patient with the slumping center-fielder, so that's what I'm doing. I just wish he would quit pulling his swing all the time. I'm not going to boo him like the jerks at Dodger Stadium. He's still a Dodger. I just want him to do better.


And I miss you. Stop hurting yourself, please.

Also.


JAMES LONEY WHAT WHAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment