Friday, August 13, 2010

So much rage!

 (Photo courtesy of ennailuj on Flickr)

It's tough enough to have to watch the Dodgers struggling this season. The fact that I have to sit here and watch the team destroy themselves as well as Torre's managing skills tearing them down, really really frustrates me. During the whole beginning of the final game of the series against the Phillies, I was happy. I was cheering so loudly and smiling and jumping up and down for my team because Kershaw was doing a phenomenal job and offense was stellar tonight. We had a 9-2 lead in the top of the eighth inning. Then, the bottom of the eighth is where the heartbreak began.

The Dodgers bull pen came out and proved that even a seven-run lead means nothing (besides Hong-Chih Kuo and even George Sherrill). Joe Torre let them fall too. He let Belisario pitch and let guys get on base and score runs, and yet he still let him pitch. What kind of managing is that? It's becoming clearer and clearer to me that Joe Torre honestly couldn't care less about this team and it's fate. Maybe he wants to drag them down.

Broxton shouldn't be let out anywhere near the Phillies. Ever. He couldn't even get an out. He kept pitching and pitching until it was over. Until the Phillies scored enough runs to win 10-9. And Joe Torre just let him. What kind of manager does that? What kind of manager let's a pitcher embarrass himself out there like that? What kind of manager let's his entire team become embarrassed to be on the same team as their closer? A terrible one.

I really want to write to the Dodgers organization and express my concern. Torre can't seem to figure out what the hell he's doing. I doubt he'd listen to a faceless fan through a letter, but the guy needs to wake up and smell the coffee. If I were manager of the team, anytime I even dared to put Broxton in, I would have someone up in the bullpen the moment he touches that mound. Let's up a few hits without any outs, then I'd get someone else in there. Not just sit there like a deer in the headlights and let whatever happens to happen.

It was like a freaking repeat of watching them play the Yankees. I can't even believe it. It feels like I'm stuck in a loop. We're watching this team just repeat history. They're making the same mistakes over and over and I'm just wondering...IS THERE ANYONE IN THE DAMN ORGANIZATION THAT CARES AS MUCH AS I DO?

Somehow I doubt it. It's sad that this deserving team's fate is placed in the hands of the grimy paws of desperate money-milkers. Screw you, Frank McCourt. Screw you, Joe Torre. Why don't you quit being selfish and hand off the Dodgers to someone who can actually do something for the team other than drag them down?

P.S. Happy Friday the 13th. Knowing the Dodgers, this supposedly unlucky holiday will actually give us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment