Thursday, August 12, 2010

Kemp is looking disheartened.


(Photo courtesy of reddawg31 on Flickr)

And wouldn't you too if your coach sat you down two days in a row? Today the Dodgers didn't even do anything right offensively. Kemp could have done what the other guys did so why was he out for the second time in a row again? WHO KNOWS?

I know people are going to tell me that Torre wanted to keep in the hot hitters, but a couple of those guys are hitting just about as well as Kemp is. I just. I feel bad for Matt, because does Torre think that sitting him down for two consecutive games is gonna give him anymore confidence? If anything, it's just going to make him feel like a huge pile of crap.

I was reading the article on the Dodgers' official site and according to Torre, when Matt was told he was going to sit out of the game for the second time in a row, "He shrugged his shoulders and said, 'OK.'"

Um. Not OK. Does it sound like he was "OK" with that? No. It doesn't. So, don't get me wrong, though. I'll be the first to admit that Kemp hasn't been hitting well recently, but that shouldn't cause a second benching. What about Casey Blake? He hasn't been hitting all that great either but you don't see him sitting down for two games in a row. Matt has put so much effort into playing for this team and the way he swiftly moves about the outfield is great. I don't think he should be punished for struggling, that's all. If he's going to get better, don't we need him out there playing?

I just find the way that this team has been managed lately, completely and utterly horrid. I still stand by my word, saying that Joe Torre doesn't give a rat's bum about the team. He always seems so disinterested and I just...I don't know. It's becoming really tough to have to sit back and watch the Dodgers go downhill. Not just because of Torre, but because of so many other things. I want to keep believing. I really, really do. But I just don't know. If we can't beat out pitchers like Roy Oswalt, what makes anyone think we'll make it to postseason, let alone the World Series?

It's depressing but, I'm still going to keep watching and supporting and cheering them on. What kind of fan would I be if I didn't?

No comments:

Post a Comment